.

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Sold the car!

I drove to State Farm today to finalize the car value settlement. They had me turn in my keys (not sure why...the car's totaled....mmm), and they gave me a check for what was left of it! Yea! I'm so glad that is all done. Now the fun part begins...hunting for the right car!

Meanwhile, Nate and I are getting re-excited about going on our trip to Idaho this next week. We're staying a few extra days for a mini vacation. We're both so excited!!! For those who don't know, we were about to leave for a mini vacation to Idaho the day after the car accident but had to cancel, so that's why we're excited to try this again.

We'll be recruiting college students at NNU (Northwest Nazarene University) to work at camp this summer. Last time we were visiting NNU we saw a camel on the side of the street in a very residential area....I love Idaho!

I just started training for an additional job. I'm going to start cooking at the camp. I'll be helping out there when groups stay in the Retreat Center. I'm looking forward to learning how to cook for larger groups of people.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are so excited for you both. The Lord is always good. We will pray for a safe trip and a safe journey and a good rest. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Lissa, What a great job skill that will be - a good skill for Stuewe family reunions! Love, Marilyn

Anonymous said...

Marily...I was about to say the same thing...cooking for large gatherings should come in handy eh? Aunt Sharon