.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

I am a grocer and I use paper

So it is true, I am a college graduate and I bag groceries. Sometimes I think that it is lame,
OK more than sometimes but nonetheless it is a job that keeps me entertained. It is a rather monotonous job, bagging eggs on top of butter and "facing" the canned corn. Yet every so often something catches my eye and makes me go "huh?" or maybe "arr?" or i migh not actually say anything but think it. Actually that is probably more the case more often than not.

Well yesterday I was next to the corned beef and I noticed a can that said "One Whole Chicken without giblets" That is sick, I hope no one ever purchases that item. Whelp here it is. EWw

7 comments:

Mike and Nicole said...

I don't know why anyone would get it w/o gibblets...that's the most succulant part of the meal.

Mike and Nicole said...

maybe you're a gibblet

Missy said...

You've got to start somewhere! And hey, situps are great! :)

Anonymous said...

nice photo of you in the van. The angle makes it look like you live in the UK.

I hope there was only one can of that nastiness in your store. Maybe you can "accidentally" hide it in the frozen food section on your last day of work...

Chris Bruno said...

forbes what's up
bruno

Katie said...

I have a few comments about this post and blog in general:

1. Does your store actually use paper bags? I guess I'm old school about grocery bagging, and all the durn stores around here send me home with about 50 plastic bags. arggh.
2. I also appreciate good grocery bagging. My mother taught me this, I suppose. So, when you put the eggs on the butter and all the cold things together and such, some lady will appreciate it.
3. I also heart feta cheese! The title of your blog might be a joke or something, but this has become a favorite of mine of late, especially on a good spinach salad.
4. I concur with Jenny. It looks like you're in a British car. You also look kind of British. But, I digress.

Katie Barker said...

i think the UK comment was appropriate as well.