.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Carmen came to visit!

Last week was a big week.

1. we had a huge election
2. My dad turned 50!!! Congrats Dad!
3. My sister flew out from NYC to help celebrate my Dad's 'coming of age.'
4. We picked out our Christmas tree!


Nate and I went down to Corvallis last weekend to spend time with the fam. It was great to see the extended family and to spend quality time with everyone. That's one of my favorite memories, always.
I've been enjoying seeing Carmen more often. Now that she is taking a break from her regular full time job we have been able to have her out here more often. = ) Oh the perks to being unemployed!

While she was here, our fam walked down to our favorite little tree farm down the road. We walked through all the trees and found the perfect one for Christmas...I know, it's a little early to be picking out christmas trees. Well, we were all together and it was a nice day to be outside. Can you blame us?

Speaking of Christmas, Angela, our new housemate, mentioned to me that one of our local radio stations was doing a weekend long holiday sampler! Guess what we listened to all weekend long...that's right, Christmas music!!

My dad turned 50 last week. It was a great party. My sister and mom put together an i-movie with several pictures from birth to now. "Thank God I'm a country boy" was the tune playing in the background. There's a story behind that one...ask my mom.
It's fun to see my parents age gracefully.

Well, that was our week....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds fun, a little premature for my liking-well with all this Christmas stuff- but fun. good to hear from you two again. i was beginning to wonder.
-c

Anonymous said...

Lis, it's good to see you blogging again. Thanks for saying we are aging gracefully.
It is always fun to have our family together. There is nothing so joyful as Carmen and Lissa interacting together.
Love, Mom

Missy said...

Hey! I have been missing you a lot as of late. I hope that you are doing well. I wish that I could be there with the Stuewe's to enjoy a Freddie's Sock Sale!

I love that you are listening to Christmas music! You know I am a month in! :) Love and besos...