The most anticipated ultrasound apt happened on Tuesday. I had my blue sweater and pink sweater ready to make the declaration of our child's gender.
Both Nate and I had our guesses and " intuitions" but we were still very curious going into the ultrasound.
Our technician was much more chatty and helpful than the previous ladies. She explained everything that we were looking at throughout the whole apt. It was a much more thurough exam than before. She looked at the brain, the four heart chambers, the main blood vessles, the stomach, kidneys etc... And our baby's thigh bones measured at 3cm. :)
Finally, after looking at everything in great detail, she asked us if we had any guesses as to the gender. We both said we were thinking it is a girl..... And YES it is a girl!!!!!!
We enjoyed watching her clench her hands, open her mouth to yawn, suck on her thumb and kick around. It made everything more real to see her moving. I still can't feel her yet, but I guess that is normal. I've been told that I will feel her moving soon enough.
We are very excited!
I wore my pink sweater to work to help announce the news. My coworkers came running from the conference room to see if their guesses were right too. It was hilarious!
Now we are looking at little girl names and keeping a running list. I've already discovered that little girl clothes are much more fun to shop for. The consignment shop down the street has a great selection of darling little dresses and cute shoes! I'm very excited!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
WE ARE EXCITED, TOO!
Mom & Dad Forbes
Awesome news guys! I am very jazzed for you both. Isn't it amazing that you can have a 3D image of your little girl. That's some cool stuff! Enjoy the rest of teh ride!
We are excited about little miss Forbes, we enjoyed the girls we had and still do, we are happy for Nate and you, and glad all is well.
Yaaaaaaaayyyyyy!!! I'm so excited for you!!!
You are right... girls clothes are much more fun to shop for! Every store has tons more girls clothes then boys clothes! You lucky duck!!! he he he
I am so happy to hear that this little girl is healthy! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy! Your little girl will be here before you know it! And if she needs a boyfriend... Cohen is single!! he he he
Great news that all is going well. I know you are excited to know the gender as well. Now you can start "planning". Thanks for letting me know what color yarn to buy for little miss's afghan. It will give me a fun project to work on while I am off my feet again. Grandma M
I'm sooo excited for you guys! Having two girls I have found the clothing options are endless, but with now having a boy it's harder to find what I'm looking for! Have fun picking out all the cute little things for your sweet little lady! check out my sisters store too. www.sunnypatchonline.com or if ever back in Albany she's located on 1st!
YAY!!!! I had a feeling it was a girl. (I like the name Jolene personally) :o)
I didn't feel Carter till I was 22 weeks. People say it feels like a lot of different things, I wanna know what you think it feels like at first.
Congrats. I am super exited for you two.
eeheeheehee.
Lissa (and Nate)... I just discovered your blog, and, thus, just found out that you two are having a baby. WHAT EXCITING NEWS! :-)
many congratulations!!!!!!!
Oh... and the "mom but still in my twenties" made me laugh!
Post a Comment