.

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Restful Saturday

Yesterday was such a lazy day. We needed that! I tried out a new hair stylist over in Beaverton .... Yes it was a long drive, but well worth it. She knows what she's doing. I told her " im going to be a mom, but im still in my 20's, can you make me look good?" I think my years of hunting for the perfect hair stylist have come to an end.... Kendra is it!

Next door to her shop is a little baby store- perfect! I bought our first little outfit for our girl. It's a little duck onsie with duck feet and the little tag says " squeeze me" it's adorable! Nate asked if they came in adult sizes so he could match her;) silly Nate!

When I got home we decided to take a walk in the BEAUTIFUL weather. We walked down to the new little cupcake shop in town. They make fantastic cupcakes and have a very interesting selection. We sat and chatted for a bit while enjoying out cupcakes and milk.:) yum!

On our walk back, we were pleasantly surprised to be honked at by a dear college friend, Jane! We chatted for a bit before she had to take off. It was great to see her! I'm not sure the last time i saw her......
Between last weekend and this weekend i have seen more of my college friends than I have in a few years. For example,
Yesterday Lisa came over with their dog africa. It was great to catch up with her too. And it was good to hear they are doing well up in Washington.

When we got home from our walk we began organizing ourselves for our weekly coupon trip. This time we came ready with our file in hand fully loaded with our coupons for the day. Once again walgreens has been the most excited place to shop at. I got 2 bars of yardley soap, a new razor with refill blades and an oil of olay body wash all for: $2.27. And to top it off they gave me a receipt with $4 of walgreens cash back! Couponing has become addicting!!

later that night Rick and Christine came over to watch a movie and catch up with them. We like hanging out with them!

And that concluded our restful Saturday.

6 comments:

Jenny said...

SO glad you had a fun day! Couponing is, most definitely, addicting. But I think in a good way! :-)

Anonymous said...

Lissa where is the pictures of your hair cut and cute baby outfit.
Glady you guys are doing well.
Love, mom

Anonymous said...

Miss you friend!

So excited that you are having a little girl!

And, can we see pics of your new hair cut?

Dianna said...

Quack I knew you had a little duck in you I would like to see the outfit and the haircut love ya

Lissa said...

I would love to show pics, but alas we are still on the hunt for our camera coard...... I will search for it tonight. I think we misplaced it during our move. But imagine a modern short bob hair cut with fresh blond highlights. I even have bangs again!

Christine said...

We enjoyed the shout out. We like hanging out with you guys too. Let's do it again? We are free every day all day, we have no other friends.