Saturday, March 02, 2013
Let's talk shampoo
Oh the drama! I have been struggling to find a shampoo that works well with my hair type. My hair: it's oily, fine and there's A LOT of it.
My shampoo requirements: keep it simple, AND keep it organic, or at least know all of the ingredients in the shampoo.
Currently, I am using Dr. Bronner's Castile soap. I've tried diluting it - 50% water. The outcome- my hair is less oily than the Burt's Bees shampoo I was using earlier. Burt's Bees made my hair look like it had been recently dipped in a bath of olive oil. Good smell though!
Any thoughts? Help!! Hat season is almost over and I need a working solution!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
http://www.livingonadime.com/homemade-shampoo-recipe/
Homemade Shampoo Recipe
Mix 1 Tbsp. baking soda with 8 oz. hot water and stir or shake until well dissolved. You can use a funnel and put this in a container like a squirt bottle.
Mix 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar in 8 oz. water. Again mix and store in a squirt bottle.
Essentially, you just replace the baking soda mix for shampoo and vinegar for conditioner. Wet hair well, rub in some of the baking soda and mix into your scalp well. Rinse. Then squirt it with the vinegar mix, rub it in and rinse.
I have long hair and the 8 oz. lasted me about 4-5 washings. If you use the same proportions, you can mix a larger amount and keep in a larger bottle if you want.
Post a Comment