.

Monday, June 03, 2013

Do you have Apple Cider Vinegar in your bathroom?

I do! ACV is my new hair conditioner. A few posts back I had mentioned that I was on the hunt for a more healthy shampoo/conditioner option. Well, I am now 2 weeks into a new solution. It's called no-poo. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_poo Here's the recipe: (shampoo) 3 tsp. baking soda in 1 cup water. Put into a spray bottle and shake it up until dissolved. Get hair wet. Spray the solution onto the roots of your hair until you feel the oils and dirt go away. I use the whole cup of solution. Then rub it into the scalp for a few seconds before thoroughly rinsing it all out. At this point my hair usually feels very tough and not soft at all. Here's the recipe for conditioner: 1-2 Tbs. ACV mixed with 3/4 C water. Shake it up to mix it into the spray bottle again. Spray the ends of the hair first and then work your way up to the scalp. Focus mostly on the ends of the hair. Rinse really well. Yes your hair will smell like ACV for a little while, but the smell does completely go away when your hair dries. After adding the conditioner, my hair is soft again! I normally have very oily hair, so I was skeptical of this method at first, but after 2 weeks I am sold! And as a bonus to it all, it's very inexpensive...and edible. What else do I do with ACV? Well, I drink it too. I take about 1 Tbs a day. http://gerson.org/gerpress/8-amazing-uses-for-apple-cider-vinegar/ Anyone else use ACV for hair/face?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad it's working, always nice to find an inexpensive and healthy solution.
I'll have to try it again with the conditioner.

Anonymous said...

Think we might give it a try, too :) Do you put the vinegar in water to drink it or use it on salad or ...?