.

Saturday, March 07, 2009

Barista challenge?

I guess there's a competition for everything. Today Nate and I traveled to the convention center to watch the US Barista competition. It was intense! These barista's were timed on how well they could pull shots of espresso! They had to meet certain criteria. I'm sure there were at least 6 judges per barista. Two of them would walk around the equipment and rate them on cleanliness. Another judge had a stop watch to check how long it took to pull the grounds and tamp it down. I mean, it was unreal! We got some good coffee while we were there. We even got to check out some coffee equipment. Now we'll know what to keep our eyes out for on Craigslist. =)

4 comments:

Marilyn said...

I think the Miller's were there also for the Robotics competition. Sarah was in it. Love, Marilyn

Anonymous said...

Barista competition. My goodness no one was asleep for that.
Dad and I were insanely working on the yard and we are paying for it today.
We have mussels we didn't knew existed.
I love Sundays the Lord's day and of rest.
I posted the Easter sign up you might want to sign up for the coffee.
Love, Mom

Sharon O said...

I'm with Shelley on the day of rest thing.... But I had read about the competition and figured there would be good coffee to be had on site! How about this: Robots ON Coffee! :)

E said...

Lissa, This is Liz Bruno from Fox who married Ben Wilkinson. I just stumbled across your blog and saw this. Hysterically, although we live in Connecticut, Ben was there.

Hope you guys are well.