.

Friday, March 06, 2009

A small victory for Oregon!

I was stunned to read in the Oregonian about the need to cut 10 comics due to budget cuts! They provided a link to cast your vote for your top comics in hopes of eliminating the "least favorite." When I heard the news I immediately spammed my email friends and "encouraged" them to vote for my favorite comic, Cul de Sac. I don't know what I would do without my daily dose of Alice. She brings so much laughter to the little things.

Well, two weeks have come and gone since the voting of your favorite comics had begun. I had voted on any available computer in a mile radius. I knew today they would announce the decisions for the comic cuts.

You can only imagine my DELIGHT when I read the article from the editor.
Apparently I was not the only one in Oregon who felt the need to have/keep/and not lose ANY of the comics let alone my favorite. In fact, 1,000 emails, 400 letters and thousands of votes later finally had them convinced to NOT cancel any comics from the Oregonian! Hurray for our little victory in Oregon. My Cul de Sac comic may continue to shed light on the life of a little 4 year old in pre-school. And oh how funny she is!

Thank you to all who voted!

You may read the article on this link:

http://blog.oregonlive.com/oregonianeditors/2009/03/were_not_dropping_comics_after.html

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lissa I'm glad our votes counted. My first, second, and third choice was cul de sac.
Love, Mom

Sharon O said...

Lissa and Nate, I too voted with relish and was happy they decided not to tinker with the funnies... Per the article in the Oregonian, they realized that in these trying times that folks really needed their 'warm fuzzies'.