.

Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Sunshine

I'm so glad it's starting to get warmer outside and it doesn't get dark until much later. Char and I went for a much needed walk today. I think she gets cabin fever if we stay in all day long. In fact yesterday she put her shoes on all by herself (they were on the wrong feet...but it was a good effort anyway) and then she handed me my shoes too. I think it was clear she wanted to go outside. =) So today we did. Fresh air sure makes a day brighter!

News on our cars. The engine died on the Honda. We're still trying to figure out if it's worth fixing or if we should pull the plug on this little car. Trying to put all emotional attachment aside and just think logically about it. We've put a lot into it and it gets excellent gas mileage (45 miles to the gallon!). That's pretty great when you drive 120miles a day.

I think Nate may be enjoying the comfort of the Toyota on his long drives and the radio works too. =) A huge plus! If only it got the same mileage as the Honda. Oh well, it's definitely a much safer car and more comfortable for the long drive. I'm grateful that we had a back up car for this situation. And it's getting me to take walks outside with Char. Something that we need to do anyway. =)
So glad for the good weather!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love days like this

Eric Stuewe said...

I can just see Char enjoying the walk in the sunny weather. I pray that the decision about the car will come to you soon.

Lissa said...

Thanks Dad,
Yes I'm sure it will all work out. We're ready to move on to other projects like getting the baby's room ready etc.. Those projects are fun!

dan and cheryl forbes said...

What are you going to be doing in the baby's room?