Charlotte has strep throat. We had a doctor's apt today to meet her new doctor, but I didn't want to chance walking in the cold to her appointment. Our dear friend Katy came over to pick us up and take us there. I'm so grateful for her! It was nice to catch up with her on the way. It just made my day to know we didn't have to walk to her appointment. What a lifesaver!
When we got there I didn't really know what to expect of her pediatrician. We haven't had great luck with her past doctor. I always felt like I was on the defense with her and didn't have any choices as a parent. I was sort of expecting the same thing with this new doctor too.
But I was delighted to learn that not every doctor is the same! In fact, I just LOVE C's new doctor. She was very encouraging, listened to my concerns, offered helpful advice, took her time with Charlotte, had great bedside manner (Charlotte liked her a lot too) and overall she was very okay about our strange parenting choices. =) (long story...we are on a slower vaccination schedule with C that our other dr was NOT okay with, but had to follow because she can't just poke any child without parental consent). I came away feeling like this doctor was helping us as parents instead of scolding us.
I'm super excited for Charlotte to have this doctor. We feel blessed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I'm so curious! Who did you see today?
Shannon Brigman over near campus and Abby's. I'm not sure if she's new or if she's been around awhile?
Good for you Lissa and Nate. Stand by your (medical) guns. The medical establishment DOES NOT always know what is best for you. It's your call - your choice - your responsibility. Good for you!
Love, Marilyn
Good news about your new doctor.
We're praying for Charlotte to get better quickly.
HURRAY! Finding a good doctor that clicks with you is surprisingly tricky.
So thankful it's all worked out and that C and you like her new Dr. It's also nice that she is not far from where you live too. Love, Mom
Gotta love a good pedi! After haveing 3 kids and having my own opinions. I heave learned when people ask me my opinion of things. I'll tell them, but at the end of the day: YOU ARE THE MOM! It's all your choice. Take care.
Post a Comment