Last weekend Nate and I drove up to NYC to hang out with Carmen and Leo. We had won 2 tickets for SNL and got to see Justin Timberlake bust a move on stage. His girlfriend was there too, Cameron Diaz.
But the real reason for going up was that Carmen had been hit with Salmonella! She wasn't able to get enough fluids in her body to keep up with how much she was losing. After about 60 hours of this, we admitted her into the hospital. The IV really seemed to help her as she was finally able to get the fluids she needed.
And her hospital room had a magnificent view of NYC!! Leo took really good care of her while she was there.
This weekend we are headed back up to NYC with my parents for the holidays. This time by train, praise the LORD! Poor Nate is going to have a heart attack from all my gasps and shreeks in the NY traffic! I think he's more excited about taking the train than I am.
Needless to say, this morning I woke up violently throwing up. I'm not sure if it relates to Carmen's salmonella or not, but good thing I work at a doctor's office. Nothing like a car breaking down in an autobody shop!
So we'll see what happens. Please pray for health and safe travels this weekend. I hope you all enjoy your times with family and friends!
We miss you and love you
Thursday, December 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hope you get better.
Have a great time in NYC and Merry Christmas to you guys.
Love, Us
I'm a lot better, thanks! I think it was a 24 hour bug! Perfect timing cause my folks fly in this afternoon.
i am loving your blogs! so sad that you all were sick...and saturday night live...? Seriously...who are you?
Post a Comment