.

Friday, December 01, 2006

Pet smart

Many people have asked us if we have a pet. And the answer is: yes, we had a butterfly, but it flew away.
Here is the picture of our pet Monarch. Our neighbors Jim and Kelly Graser gave us this little fella when he was just a little larva and we took care of him until he was like this. I think we saw him fly by our window once. Ever since the weather has changed, we have not seen the little guy.
I think if we ever have kids and they ask for a pet, we'll get them a little larva instead of a dog. They're much easier to take care of. But then they would probably be sad when it flys away. They might even post "LOST BUTTERFLY" signs around the neighborhood. And then we would end up with a whole butterfly farm from all our nice neighbors.

A stuffed dog might be nice.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I recommend a fish. Frank has lasted quite awhile with minimal upkeep.

and of course, he is very cool.

Anonymous said...

I recommend a rock, they are great you don't have to feed them and they do well anywhere you go. Love, mom

Anonymous said...

Lissa and Nate- Plant a butterfly garden in your yard and he/she will come back. Research onlne for the plants to use.
Donna