We're all snowed in today. Hwy 99 is one block from our house and it's as silent as can be. We must have had at least 8 or 9 inches of snow last night and then rain and ice on top of that.
It's looking like winter outside! How fun!
Last night we made it down the road to Fred Meyers to stock up on groceries. I am pretty sure Freddy's was as busy yesterday as it was on Black Friday. Wowza! I think everyone had the same thought as us about stocking up on groceries.. We made it safely out of the parking lot without any bumps or dents.
I think everyone in our neighborhood is going stir crazy from having school shut down all last week. Our house ended up hosting a soup dinner last night with both neighboring houses. Seven kids and 10 adults eating soup, playing games and staying warm by the fire. It was good to have some human interaction after feeling cooped up in a house.
Our church is closed today due to the weather. It's another nice day inside. I think we might have a Wii tournament today with the housemates.
Nate and I are working this week and then we're off to Corvallis. We're hoping the roads will clear up by then.
Sunday, December 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Sounds exciting! I think that storm is going to hit over here soon. Last night we got a couple of inches, tonight they are saying 8-10in should drop. We love snow! But we do have to travel to Twin Falls for Christmas Eve with my family then back to Boise for his family get-togetheron Christmas Day. So hopefully ALL OF US have safe travels! Good luck with your drive! Have a great Christmas!!! Congrats on your job!!! Now you need to find us jobs over there!!! he he he jk
Lissa and Nate dad finally made on a plane to Oregon and should fly in at midnight, he will let me know what his next move will be after that. At least he will be in Oregon.
I went to church, went to Kelly's and baked and went to all church party. We had desserts and watched it's a wonderful life. The Parkki's got in at 10:00pm last night. They are visiting friends tonight and will spend tonight before heading off tomorrow. I'm home alone by the fire now waiting for dads call at midnight. Glad your in a close neighborhood where you can get together for soup and games sounds fun.
Love, Mom
What snowy/icy adventures you are having! We will pray for a safe trip to Corvallis. Have a WONDERFUL time away!
Love, Dad & Mom Forbes
You had a white Christmas and I didn't! Weird! :) I am a bit jealous.
Post a Comment