.

Monday, December 29, 2008

We're not early birds Sushi

Yesterday Nate and I had a lot of fun running around spending our gift cards at the various stores. We noticed that the after Christmas sales were very good. I'd never experienced the after Christmas sales before. I was really surprised how good they are! Why don't we just celebrate Christmas a day after? Nate was loving the "hunt" of it all. He just LOVES to get a good deal. In fact he was the one who suggested going to Goodwill before we headed home. I'm glad that he likes to find good finds.

Here's a tip, if you have a gift card to Bed Bath and Body Works now is the time to go! It's their semi-annual sale. A lot of really great things were 75% off!! I got some really great stuff (thank you Dan and Cheryl!)! I'm set for a long time on fun lotions and candles!!

We're enjoying staying at my parents house. It's quiet here. I think we'll go for a hike today and then we're off to visit some friends in the area. We haven't seen them since their wedding last summer. They are here from Idaho visiting family.

It's raining here and seems to be warming up. I'm glad the weather seems to be more calm.

I woke up this morning in a panic remembering that I had to feed Sushi the cat. Poor thing is used to getting fed around 5am!! It was well past 9am by the time I remembered. She was hot on my heels when I hobbled out of the room. I'm lucky I didn't accidentally step on her tail.
I'll give her 2 scoops today.

Sorry Sushi, we're not early birds.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Cat! She'll be ok - Rusty gets up after we do. He's a sleepy-head in the morning. Love, Marilyn

Reid, Kim, Cohen, and Graidy said...

Its so fun reading your blogs! Glad you are having a good holiday! Happy New Year!

Shannon said...

I seriously think Sushi is the most awesome name for a cat ever. EVER!! Haha. I'm glad she didn't starve. ;-)

So glad you guys are having a relaxing and fun filled Christmas with the family. Happy almost New Year!! =) Blessings from all of us!

Wandering Knapps said...

Lis.
My cats do the same thing. Only they wake me up at 6am. They paw at the door, they are good and don't scratch, but I hear them for hours if I don't get up. Then they start to whine if I don't get up....
I am glad y'all had fun shopping. I must say, I did myself venture out to Target, it was great, there were lots of good deals.

Anonymous said...

Sushi will survive. I only give her one scoop of food in the morning.
I'm glad your having a nice time.
Love, Mom

Carmen da Silva said...

I can see her now...Sush givin' you the 'ol evil feline stare down...good thing you realized she's in charge and doubled her daily serving...she just might be so full of a cat food induced coma to let this one slide ;)