.

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Sea lions

We're in Newport this weekend. Bruce found a cabin on the beach that we could all stay at for our house retreat. We've been playing a lot of games...taking personality tests...eating sweets (yep, we're eating sweets this weekend) and sleeping in!

This afternoon we took a walk down at the old historic bayfront. You could hear the sea lions barking down by the docks, so we headed down there. I think we stood there for about 20 minutes watching them lounge and occasionally bark at each other. They are hilarious to watch! And oh my gosh they're HUGE! I'm pretty sure they were at least 700lbs. each, not even joking! But wow, they know how to relax!

We're headed back home tomorrow. It's been nice to hear the ocean from our living room. The view from the window is of the ocean and a light house. I could get used to that.

2 comments:

Reid, Kim, Cohen, and Graidy said...

I know what house your staying at!!! Don't you just love it there! I think we are coming to visit you guys soon. I think Reid talked to Bruce about us staying with all of you when we go over for the Portland Swap Meet! Fun times to come!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Roo,
Glad your relaxing. Dad and I enjoyed Focus on marriage simulcast yesterday put on by focus on the family. I took lots of notes and posted them on my blog. Hope you and Nate enjoy reading threw them.
Love, Mom