It's been really chilly out this week. I've been enjoying sipping on hot beverages by our fake fireplace. It doesn't have the same affect as a regular fire but it's still festive.
So Nate is on his way back to the west coast, or left coast as some call it. He's been out in PA visiting friends from college. I wish I could have gone with him but It is good for him to see his friends on his own too. He told me on the phone many times that he misses me and that a week is a long time to be away. I agree, a week is a long time! This past week has been pretty busy with family things and work.
My work has been picking up a lot in the last few weeks. Today I could feel my shoulders tensing up while I was sitting at my desk. I had to remind myself to relax,:) a few times i would get up and walk into our waiting room to stand in front of the gas fire place. You can see the whole center of campus from there. I watched out the window at all the college students walking to and from classes. That was relaxing....being reminded that I don't have homework... My day ends at 5. Awesome.
We are getting daily reports about my grandma's health. I was able to visit her this last weekend. It was nice to see how she was doing after hearing about her stroke. I didn't know if she would be in good spirits or not. It was very encouraging to talk with her and see that she was talking just fine. She seemed positive when talking about her therapy sessions. Some of the tasks she is supposed to do during therapy are a challenge for her, but it was encouraging to hear how hard she is working at it and how motivated she is to get back to almost full recovery. Thank you for your prayers. Please keep praying for her recovery and endurance to continue this hard work.
And real quick a few things I have noticed while Nate has been gone:
- he does the dishes more often than I realized;)
- we don't go through milk or cereal as quickly
- I fill the quiet house with sounds from the radio and online shows.
- I go shopping in my spare time;)
- less dinners get made because it's just me.
- I can get away with chewing my finger nails...
- and last but not least, I realize how much he is a part of me. Can't wait to have him home!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Nice blog entry. I feel the same way about dad he travels one week out of every month and has for years, I always miss him when he's gone. I don't make meals I snack, I go shopping, and work on big projects when he's gone and find it difficult to sleep when he's gone.
Glad Nate will back soon.
It's a nice reception you have at work. My reception area for breaks is the great room I'm drinking Russian tea lately.
Love, Mom
Roo- Thanks for sharing your thoughts. It made me smile.
I am happy that you both miss and love each other and need each other, too. LOVE YOU BOTH! mom
i love this post. :) i'm excited to spend time with you two soon.
Post a Comment