.

Monday, October 05, 2009

Tip jar

Google has so many interesting tools. Yesterday Nate introduced me to Tip Jar. I must have spent 2 hours browsing tip jar!!!
Basically you can search any topic to find out what other people are doing to save money. I looked up vacations, airfare, electricity, Internet,insurance, groceries etc... It was neat to see how creative some people are with their resources.

We have been thinking more about putting our garbage service on will call (as suggested by my Aunt Sharon). Last week I completely forgot to set it on the curb and really we can still fill it up more. Between recycling and composting we just don't have that much garbage anymore.

Another money saving tip I learned.....smirk on my face.... Hanging your laundry to dry!! Yes, even in the cold months..;) we ran to bi-mart and picked up some clothes pins. I think Nate will make a clothes line for me this week. I will have to keep you posted on our "winter dry cycle."

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Love it. I'm off to check out Tip jar now. :)

Wish you guys were in Michigan right now! We miss you!

dan and cheryl forbes said...

I remember going out to the clothes line in the dead of a Michigan winter to shake the ice off the clothes, take them in the house to thaw and finish drying. I am wondering how that would work in a wet Oregon winter!

Lissa said...

yeah, I'm not sure how the "extra rinse cycle" will work from our Oregon rain. =) I'll have to keep you all posted.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Lis for the Tip jar idea, I'll have to check it out.
We have a clothes line in our hotel room that is in the tub. You just pull the line out and hook it to the other side of the tub. The clothes then drip in the tub and dry. What a good idea I thought.

Sharon O said...

Lissa, I have another tip for you. Put 1 1/2 cups of plain vinegar in the rinse water in your clothes washer....then observe how it cuts what's left of the soap in your clothes. ICKY POO! You'll never go without vinegar in your rinse water again...also works when you shampoo your carpet!