.

Tuesday, December 01, 2009

It's that time of year...

I love Christmas! Most of you know I listen to Christmas music almost year-round. Why keep the cheeriness to only one month a year? =)
I do wait until this month to start watching Christmas movies. Yesterday it was Charlie Brown's Christmas...how cute!

Well, most of you know that Nate and I are expecting a baby in July. It's been exciting news. I'm still in the process of getting used to my morning sickness. My work fortunately is very flexible with me if I ever give them a glazed over look and head for the door. Yesterday I was actually able to put in a full day! I'm praying that I will be able to continue to do that. It's good for me to be there with everyone. I really have been enjoying my work, the people I work with are very encouraging and I love working with college aged students.

We are really enjoying our little place as it continues to get more and more put together. Last weekend my family came up for a few days and they helped get our first Christmas tree! I love that smell of fresh trees!! It fits perfectly in the corner next to the fireplace. How cozy! Probably one of my favorite parts of our tree are all the christmas ornaments from over the years. Each one has a different story or memory. I'm sort of sentimental that way. I enjoy looking through all of them and being reminded of why we picked that one out.

Another new addition to the family - our mac mini! Leo has successfully converted one more family member to the world of Apple. =) I think we'll really enjoy using all the picture/video programs especially when our baby arrives.

Have a great first week of December!







5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love your little place and enjoyed the day of rest after the busyness of Thanksgiving. I needed the rest.
The tree looks great and I love the ornaments as well and the stories behind them.
It's so fun to see you start your own family traditions.
Glad your feeling better.
I'm also listening to Christmas music and doing additional decorating.
I found some more baby clothes for baby Forbes today and will save them for July.
Love, Mom

Reid, Kim, Cohen, and Graidy said...

Wwwwhhhhaaaatttttt??? Baby in July???? We definitely did not hear about this! I am SOOOOO HAPPY for you both! How exciting! Seriously I am freaking out by myself right now I'm so excited! :) Congrats! You will have to keep us updated! I hope and pray your morning sickness goes away quickly!!!

BCricket said...

Congratulations to you and Nate for the coming baby! I know you will make a wonderful mom.

I too love Christmas music nearly year round. In fact my favorite time of the year is in the middle of summer hearing my grandfather sing jingle bells and o christmas tree. It's funny because he doesn't sing them at all during the holidays.

It's been years since we have spent any real time together and now that we are only two hours from each other we really should.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! I hadn't heard the news either! Very excited for you and praying as well.

Anonymous said...

I love the Christmas Music