.

Monday, February 01, 2010

coupons and heart beats

Nate's new hobby - coupon clipping.

Yesterday he bought 3 boxes of cereal and 2 boxes of granola bars for a grand total of $2.

That got him (us) hooked!

Today we did a little more grocery shopping. We bought $96.87 worth of products for a grand total of $53.22....a savings of almost half ($43.65).

We are still very new to this coupon world, so if you have any great tips to help us along our journey of cheaper shopping, please let us know. =)


And as for heart beats....we had another pre-natal apt. today with our midwife. It never gets old hearing the heart beat of our little one. It did take her a while to find the little (girl/boy) as they were swimming and twirling all over the place, but the heart beat was strong. In only a few short 2 weeks we will know the gender. I CAN'T WAIT!!! It told my coworkers that I would come to work wearing the color of the gender so that they would not have to ask. The only problem is that I don't own any pink....I guess we're looking good for a boy for now. =)

I'll keep you all posted.

good night!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is great Lissa, glad things are looking great.
I use to coupon a lot when I was younger.
The newspaper flyers, magazines, store circular.

I use to belong to a coupon club where I exchanged coupons with ladies from all over. Like trading baseball cards.

Using coupons with sale items is really good.

Wandering Knapps said...

Chris and I walked out of the office with a blue shirt on, when my mom and dad were visiting.....they didn't get it. How cute. Chris and I have been couponing for a while now. It is so worth it. Go online and go to your stores website, there should be a place to print out store coupons too. I went shopping at target once, and saved $163.50. My bill was only $35. We bought diapers, groceries, and lots of baby stuff. I definitly recommend it. God luck. Also invest in the Sunday paper, that's worth it too.
Jolene

dan and cheryl forbes said...

Yeah and PRAISE for the GREAT news!
Jenny is really good a couponing--another source for information :)
LOTTA LOVE! mom & dad

caring for the garden said...

There has been a column in the Sunday Gazzette Times over the past few months devoted to "tips" on saving and using coupons to their maximum benefit. You could probably go on line (archives) and read these.

So great to hear the joy of anticipation in your writing. Your mom tells me you are feeling much better too. That is great. Sounds like cloths wise, you anticipate a boy. Truth be known, I'll bet it really doesn't matter. Grandma M

Wandering Knapps said...

I forgot to tell you. I am guessing it's a girl.
Jolene