.

Monday, April 19, 2010

Gelato and the blazers

What a gorgeous day yesterday! It was a glimmer of summer.

We took a Sunday drive down the back roads to Corvallis. My mom was in her garden when we arrived at their house.
They have really done a lot of work out there in preparation for my uncles wedding. My dad had rotatilled many spots all day yesterday to get ready for more plants. I think that will be a gorgeous wedding backdrop. We will take pictures of the event.

Last week was my moms birthday. To celebrate, we took her and my dad out for gelato. YUM!! I really like that little gelato store in Corvallis. It's one of those little places that makes you feel like you're not in the same country anymore. The walls are very high and one side of the building Is exposed brick. One wall has a mural of a country vineyard scene and the other wall has a large ornate mirror. Of course they have a colorful selection of gelato to choose from and Nate always oogles over their fancy coffee machine everytime we're in there. It's a classy place:) my mom really wants to paint a similar mural on her kitchen wall.

It was nice to catch up with them and see the progress of their long weekends out in the yard. My mom sent us home with a big flat of pea plants and a few strawberry plants. They are now planted next to our house. I think that will be nates favorite spot. He loves peas!!!

Change in subject... The blazers won their first playoff game yesterday! And they did it without their star player, Brandon Roy. I'm impressed! This is looking like an exciting round in the playoffs. They still have a ways to go, but I think we have a fair shot. More on that later.

3 comments:

Eric Stuewe said...

We had a great time with you and Nate.....I like the Gelato place too. Hope you and Nate have time to relax. GO BLAZERS

Anonymous said...

Thanks again for the visit and the gelato, it was great to relax.
Thanks also for the Liberty blue.
2 appointments down one to go.
Love, Mom

Wandering Knapps said...

Yum, Gelato. I have to say in the summer heat, I am really not picky at all. I'll take any kind of icecream.
By the way, The Dallas Maverix also won their first play off game. :o), I feel a little Oregon rivalry.