Pictures of Charlotte in these past 3 weeks:
Oh my gosh the double chin just tops it off! I can't stop laughing at this one!
she looks concerned or deep in thought...I can't believe Charlotte is already 3 weeks old.
Time is really flying by quickly and she is already starting to change a little bit. This week she has become more alert during the day time. She opens her eyes up more...and yes, they are blue. Her hair is still dark and beginning to thin out now. After her baths her hair gets curly, but then straightens out when we comb it down. I think she will have her dad's hair.
We have enjoyed getting to know her more and more. It seems like she will have a funny little personality. Already she has many new facial expressions...all very humorous! And can I say that she is the LOUDEST sleeper I have ever met. She keeps Nate and I up with her loud deep grunts followed by her girlie sighs. It's funny for a while, but around 4am...it gets a little old. =)
As most of you know, my mom has been doing a superb job of blogging any new happenings with Charlotte on her blog: lifeinlewisburg.blogspot.com
You can look there for a full array of pictures.
My health is improving slow but sure. I am down to only 3 medications now. I can walk a little further each day. Yesterday we took our new stroller on a test run and made it down to the post office (10min walk). That was the longest stretch I had done yet. I am still very sore and can only carry as much weight as Charlotte, although even she can be too heavy to carry longer distances.
I only go in for blood draws 2 times a week now. That is good because Nate has been taking me in and he has been missing out on a lot of work to make those trips with me. I really appreciate him being around, but I know this is his busy time of the year, so it's been tricky balancing both. His work has been great in being flexible with us though.
My mom has been around most of these past 3 weeks. We have REALLY appreciated all of her help! I don't know what we would do without her around. She has been taking care of things around the house and taking care of Charlotte when we need extra rest...and boy do you need rest with a new born! Of course I think she is happy to spend time with Charlotte. =)
My sister and her husband will be flying in tomorrow for a vacation. We're excited to see them and introduce our little one to them.
I will write more later.....
4 comments:
Missing you all already. Love the pictures. Looking forward to seeing you all soon. Love, Mom
What sweet pictures....so glad that you are feeling so much better...our church family has been praying for you and asking how you are. Pastor Dan asked me before prayer meeting started how you were...and Uncle Mike & Aunt Jeanie and especially Mrs. Murphrey asked several times how you were doing....ask Nathan who these people are. We LOVE YOU and look forward to seeing you in less than a month!
I love all those pics. (I alwasy say Chase is drunk on milk after a feeding, he just has this, sooo content look.)
I am glad your feeling better, and getting lots of help. WHat a blessing to have your mom so close. God knew you would need help after delivery. Rest up!!!! She looks like she'll be a busy little one. Have fun with Carmen and Leo.
Lissa, sorry we never stopped by again. It was such a busy week! Thank you soooooo much for letting us come over! It was so great to see you guys! We have to see eachother more than once a year! Come to Idaho! ;). He he
Post a Comment