.

Thursday, July 01, 2010

Hospital tour

I suppose touring the hospital a week before your due date is a little last minute. But until a couple weeks ago we really hadn't considered the further hospital.
Between our midwife, birth class instructor and friends at work, they all convinced us that it was worth checking into.
I think they are correct. It's more like a birthing center than a hospital, but still has the hospital stuff in case of emergencies.

Our tour guide was a hoot! She was older, had a funky modern hair cut and thick black rimmed glasses. She had some sort of an accent, but I couldn't pick it out. She mixed her humor throughout the tour and really made giving birth sound fun! Imagine that!

We did learn some important things such as: Nate needs to pack his own food, our phones have to be charged ahead of time, there is not wifi available (sorry no blog updates until we get home), they provide bedding for Nate, you can request quiet hours to get sleep, the baby never leaves your sight etc...

Now that we know where we are headed we feel prepared. One of the couples on the tour said they are due at the end of july. I told her we are due next Friday. They thought they were last minute with the hospital tour! The husband thought it was hilarious that we hadn't figured this out earlier.... They said they liked us. To be honest we have both just been too busy to go hospital shopping, but I'm glad we did.

On another note, camp is going well for Nate. They are wrapping up week 3 this week. The sunshine has been with us all week long. Hopefully the lake will warm up a little for those shivering blue lipped kids. They just don't seem to care how cold the water is. Regardless of the weather, they are racing each other to the lake and jumping in! Some of them are so excited about camp they forget to put their underware back on after swim time... How do you forget to put underware on??? Without a doubt the counselors always find lost underware in the changing building. Oh good times!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great chatting with you guys last night and Leo and Carmen.
I'm packing a bag and charging my phone.
Maybe the hotel dad and I get will have wifi and we can post pictures.
love, mom

dan and cheryl forbes said...

Ohhhhh.....we are sooooo excited!!!! Sounds like a very neat place to have your daughter enter the world and we are definitely praying for a wonderful delivery.
Your camp story is so like kids...isn't their joy so contagious?
We love you MUCH!!!!

Wandering Knapps said...

Chris and I did a tour real early with Carter. But we waited till last minute for birthing classes and never got it...everyone is last minute on something. Chris always eats right when we get to the hospital. As I am getting checked in he head to the cafeteria to stuff food in him, since he doesn't know when his next meal might be. Oh, and they won't let you ahve anything but ice chips while in labor, so eat toast or something hearty on the way to the hospital.