This morning I woke up before my alarm and before Charlotte woke me up. I'm enjoying a bagel and hot tea...all is still and quiet here. It's still dark outside and I can hear a few cars driving by. School buses are in route and commuters are just beginning.
Here are my top favorite things I enjoy about fall:
The colors! Besides just the beautiful trees changing colors, I also love to match the fall colors in my own wardrobe. Out comes the orange, red, green and brown clothes!
Crunchy leaves. Char and I have been trying to take more walks outside. I try to walk over the crunchy leaves to let her hear them.
Hot beverages. I enjoy chai lattes and the holiday drinks. It warms up my insides! Most of all, I just love to hunker down in a cozy coffee shop with a good book or some good friends, especially on those rainy days.
Fire. I'm instantly mesmerized by the sight of a fire going in a fireplace. We have a fireplace at home, but we aren't able to use it. I always enjoy visiting other people who do have a fire going. I just love the smells!!
Books. I'm starting to enjoy reading again. Now that I have some time at home I've been reading a lot more than usual. Right now I'm learning about growing your own food and making cheese.
Nate has just left for work now and Charlotte is still asleep. Time to get going with the day.
Enjoy your fall day!
3 comments:
We've already started using our fireplace to heat the house, so it's almost always going during the day if it's cold outside. You're more than welcome to come smell and watch as you please.
Could you put one of those small electric fireplaces inside your real one?
Grandma, the rental came with a fake log that you plug in and it looks like it's burning...doesn't give off any heat, but it still has the "look" of a fire going.
Rick, we would love to hang out with you guys! When does Christine get back?
Post a Comment