Friday night was date night. Charlotte was present, but sleeping mostly. We ended up watching a movie from Redbox - Just Wright. It's a basketball love story with Queen Latifa. I think Queen L and I could be friends in real life. She's pretty down to earth....or so I imagine.
I didn't want to cook...either did Nate, so we did the Hot-n-ready pizza at Little Ceasars. When I walked in I noticed the line was unusually long. The manager was at the register explaining to each person that one of their cooks decided not to show up. Even the owner, who just happened to stop by to drop off cheese, was hauled into the back to make pizzas. I was oddly itching to get back there myself and roll out some dough. It's enjoyable to be at home with Charlotte, I also enjoy a little bit of a crazy routine job. In fact, I remember that some of my favorite days working at the restaurant were game days for OSU. We would have order after order slapped up on our counter. It would be hours before I could get away to even use the restroom! But those were fun times. I wouldn't want to do that every day, but it was a fun challenge.
Back to date night. We got halfway through the movie and Charlotte woke up. A 2 hour intermission hanging out with Charlotte...then off to finish the movie.
She is definitely becoming more interactive now. She laughs more often and shoots off smiles regularly. She enjoys trying out different sounds. Last week she discovered her tongue and likes to hang on to it while she talks. Sometimes she crams her whole fist in her mouth....and then accidentally gags herself with her fingers. Everything she holds goes in her mouth. I'm going to have to pay more attention to those things. =)
Saturday, November 06, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It's good to keep the date nights going. Thanks for dinner it was so good. We love the card you made and it's always good to see the Forbes family.
Love, Mom
at home date nights are awesome.
Post a Comment