Just outside our house we found these very colorful mushrooms. I'm not sure what kind they are...and I'm certainly NOT going to try to eat them. Although it does look like something tried to eat one of them. I heard through the grapevine that this is a great year for the mushrooms. If you're a mushroom hunter I'm sure you're enjoying the season of plenty!
There are mushroom hunters. I remember when we worked at Quaker Hill Camp and Conference Center there was a group who would retreat there to discuss mushrooms. It was a mushroom club. They took hours during the day to walk the back 40 and hunt mushrooms. In the evenings they would bring their loot out into the dining hall and examine the various kinds. Now this is a hobby that you would want to be very accurate with. =) No mistakes in eating these!
1 comment:
So true Lissa, I've always wanted to know which is safe and which isn't. Haven't found an expert yet and don't want to experiment because of the danger of making a mistake.
They are pretty and it's amazing all the sizes, styles shapes and colors of them. We have a lot around here too.
Post a Comment