We celebrated Thanksgiving a whole week early. There were 35 of us at my parents house...it was a FULL house..lots of chatter, lots of turkey...too many pies to count! It felt just like Thanksgiving. In fact many times throughout the night I kept thinking, "we need to pick up a paper to look at the Black Friday ads.." but nope..that's a whole week away.
So when it came time for the actual Thanksgiving day...well, we just pulled out left overs from the fridge, put in a Christmas movie and had a low key evening full of conversation and festivities. It was nice to sleep in and know that the day was going to be very low key.
My mom and I went to Walmart that night. They opened up at midnight for their sales. I thought we had plenty of time to get there and get in line, but when we showed up there were only about 10 parking spaces left in the HUGE parking lot. "Uh, oh!" I thought...I only wanted a few items and I'm pretty sure they have limited supplies. My mom and I quickly parted ways as we walked into the store. I found my queen sheet set and then headed to the mens shirts. My mom made a bee line right for the DVD section. We didn't have time to find a loose cart, but that actually worked in our favor. We were able to wiggle our way through crowds, grab what we wanted, and wiggle our way out.
A half hour later we were out the door feeling good about our deals. My mom was on such a shopping high she decided to pull an all nighter and head to Kohls, Target and Freddies! Little C was at home sleeping and I knew she would be up in a few short hours, so I opted out of the other stores. Nate and my dad got up for BFR2 (Black Friday round 2). At 4am, they headed out to the Fred Meyer sock sale. The line was longer than they had ever seen it in years past. FM employees were saying the same thing. But they both made it in there and got their sock supply for the year. Nate only bought a pair of socks. I think the cashier took a double take when he pulled up with just one pair. =) That's my husband....he doesn't get too caught up in the craziness of it all.
So now we're cutting down a christmas tree and decorating it in a whimsey theme. I think "White Christmas" and cider are on the docket for tonight.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sounds like you have had quite a week. Had I known you were spending the week at your mom's I would have brought over a few more e-Bay items for you. Oh well, I have the feeling she didn't really want anyone to know you were there anyway. Glad you are all enjoying the time together.
Glad you had time to finally blog. Love, Mom
Nate and one pair of socks... I love it!
Post a Comment