

We were originally scheduled to close on our house yesterday, but because the owners are on vacation it got rescheduled. Now we are *patiently* awaiting their return and hopefully signing papers next week. A date hasn't been set yet, but we are thinking either Monday or Tuesday of next week will be the close date (hoping!).
Now I'm so glad we didn't put in our 30 day notice at our rental...we gave 60 day notice just to give us a buffer to move with a little baby. We are quickly encroaching on 30 days right now... Had we only given 30 days we would be out on the streets this weekend with a whole lot of stuff piled high on the sidewalk! What a sight!
I know there are a lot of things I can be doing now to get ready to move...but at the same time a lot of it hinges on getting the keys to the house. We're just going about our regular day-to-day routines this week. And it almost doesn't feel like buying a house is real yet. I'm not fully committed to being excited about it until we actually have keys in our hands. So stay tuned for some excitement.
We have been working on the yard at our rental. With all the rain we've had this week it makes it tricky to find a chunk of time to get things done out there. I'm hoping to leave this house looking great. It's been a wonderful rental and we are going to be sad to leave it. Our landlords are great. I think we only chatted with them a handful of times, but each time they were very easy to get along with. They are an older couple from out of town and I'm not sure how many rental properties they own, but they have basically been very hands-off landlords. In some ways this home as felt like our own because of that. Nate always took care of the gutters, roof, lawn care, fixes around the house. I cleaned the inside and did some trimming of the hedges, weeding, lawn mowing etc..
It will be a great rental for another young couple.
1 comment:
I wonder who that next young couple will be...
Post a Comment