Today is the beginning of the last week of camp. We'll be living at the camp this week with the summer staff. I always really enjoy the first orientation week and this last week because of the community time spent in the retreat center. It's sad to see it all come to an end, but at the same time I know everyone's tired and ready to move on to school or whatever else they are moving onto.
Speaking of which, our vacation days have just been added to the calendar and I CANNOT WAIT! We don't even know what we will be doing, but it is just so nice to see those days blocked out. I'm looking forward to catching up with Nate finally. Every summer is always a whirl wind for us, but this one has been especially busy. There were a few days in a row last week that we didn't even cross paths and that gets old really quickly. So needless to say, we are all looking forward to some quality time together.
If you have any inexpensive fun vacation ideas for us please send them our way.=)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
camping in the back yard. Going for long walks. Picking berries
I agree with Eric, though, I think you should camp in my backyard. [insert shameless plug here]
it may be a lot up front, but we are getting an annual pass the our zoo here. Oregon has a great zoo! Then y'all can go any weekend, and not have to worry about paing for a whole year! Library!There are so many fun things to do here, splash pads, jump zone, I would LOVE to go with you!!!! Wish we were closer!
• Day trips to the coast (kayaking, swimming, fishing, boating...ask to borrow your friends' kayaks, boats, fishing gear, etc.)
• Airbnb has great lodging options if you want to travel somewhere new on the cheap
• Roadtrips to places with friends/family you can stay with (ahem...ahem)
• Do a home swap through Craigslist and just be open to anywhere driving distance...Bend, Boise, Springfield...amazing what a new home or change of scenery can do to make you feel more refreshed, excited about your day and what the nearest grocery store or coffee shop is like...or is that just me?
• Make a list of places in Portland, Newberg, Corvallis, Eugene, Albany, Salem, etc. that you've always wanted to do/try but never "had the time" and start checkin' off that list—bike ride around Portland, hike to the top of Mary's Peak....
Post a Comment