We're back from our trip to Hawaii. It was a nice break from daily routine. I wouldn't say it was the typical trip to Hawaii that you think of when you think of a tropical island. Nate and I did get to do a few outdoor activities such as snorkeling (we saw a lot of fun tropical fish and TURTLES!!) and hiking in the rain forrest. We walked past a water fall and saw a young boy swimming just under the falls in a pool! How fun! The smells were great! We loved the sites such as: ocean beaches, white sand, tropical flowers, lots of birds singing, fresh fruit every morning...it really was a very nice time.
Most of our time was spent helping me to feel better. I've been pretty sick lately, but all for good reasons. I am currently 9 weeks pregnant and definitely sencing a change in my body.
Fatigue seems to be a common feeling as well as nasea. Both of these remind me that the baby is healthy!
Nate has already taken on his duty of caring for me. Even though we were in his one of his favorite places (hawaii) he spent most of his time running to the store for me or just hanging out in the apartment to keep me company. I feel very blessed with him!
Our first appointment with the midwife was this past week. We got to see the little baby and the heart beat! The heart was just a tiny little flashing light that would rapidly blink on and off. It looked like a very strong heart beat. I think the idea of having a baby became more real for both of us when we got to see what was actually going on inside of me. How exciting!
So now we're back home here in Newberg. Nate just finished helping with the annual fundraiser banquet at work. His schedule seems to be slowing down more and soon he'll be in his routine again.
I am taking time to rest right now and keep food down. Those are my daily goals. I'm hoping to start working soon when I begin feeling better. It's been nice to get out of the house every now and again to go for walks around campus. September is one of my favorite months here in Oregon! It's perfect weather, not too hot and not too cold.
Monday, September 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hawaii sounded amazing! (minus the excessive nausea...) But still, I bet it was fantastic to just get away! We're so happy for you guys and have been praying lots for that little tummy of yours to feel better. If you have a girl... I want Cian to marry her. Haha!
But seriously... ;)
Love you guys.
CONGRATS you guys! :) So exciting to hear the news about a new baby on the way. I hope the sickness goes away soon. You'll be amazing parents, I have no doubt! Blessings on you two. Love ya!
Post a Comment