Our new kitchen is much smaller than our old one. It's hard to downsize in kitchen gear, but we managed to do it...or at least pack it all in there. Things are not as accessible as they used to be, but they did manage to find a home in the kitchen.
One item that did not claim real estate in the kitchen is our monstrous microwave. It was far too big to take up any prime counter space, so we threw it in with the garage sale lot. Now we are without a microwave. And we plan on staying that way. I've never lived without one before, so this will be interesting. I have a few friends who have been without a microwave for a while and they still seem to live/breath and seem happy too. So I guess we can live without one too. =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Hahaha! We just had one given to us last week. Still haven't used it. :-)
ha ha! Rick you give me hope. =)
I'm sure you'll be healthier for it! :-)
Lissa, good going. Extensive use of a microwave can contribute to cancer. Have fun! Love, Marilyn
Heating food in the oven works and actually keeps the food warmer longer.
We went without a microwave for a long time until someone gave us theirs. You really can survive! :) Reheating in the oven or on the stove tastes better, anyway.
Well Lis life does go on without a microwave...it's this year's TV of useless appliances (now that we all have computers and Netflix) ;) Leo and I haven't had a microwave the entire time we've lived in NYC (so over 5 years). The only, absolutely only thing I can't make is microwavable popcorn for at home movie nights :( But my health option is kettle corn from Trader Joes (pre-popped) :P That thing Nate does with an egg in a micro was pretty impressive but I think you'll find the stovetop to be your bestest of friends now!
XOXO
Post a Comment