.

Sunday, July 03, 2011

Quinoa

I'm really excited about quinoa as one of our new protein staples. I bought a large batch of it in the bulk section of the grocery store today. My hope was that C would just love the stuff...but no such luck. She is kind of a texture kid. If the food is a strange texture, it ends up on the floor. I even tried blending it until it was smooth and adding her favorite food to it, but she could see right through that plan. Oh well, it was worth the try. I will try again tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's the spirit. Thanks for the clean car Lissa, and the full tank.

We enjoyed the visit. Hope C got the nap she needed.
Have a fun day tomorrow.

Love, Mom and Dad

Eric Stuewe said...

I love your creativity in finding foods for C. Have a great week.

Anonymous said...

You could try blending the quinoa while it is dry and before you cook it (if you have a grain mill) and then cooking it like you would rice cereal. I noticed with E that with new grains she needs a bit more liquid in them at first to get used to the texture, and then I sloooowly reduce the amount of liquid. Just a thought. :) Good luck!