.

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Blazers vs. Pistons




Last week Nate and I were able to get away for a night out in Portland. We went to a Blazers game! They were playing the Detroit Pistons. We mostly went because they were playing a Michigan team. I think Nate was a little torn between who he should be cheering for, but Portland soon won his heart over. It was a great game...close till the end.


Portland is a young team and they're still trying to figure themselves out right now, but we were super proud of them for playing strong against the Pistons.


During the half there was a spotlight interview session on the court with some of the old favorite Blazer players from the past. Clyde Drexler, Cliff Robinson, Kevin Duckworth and Terry Porter were all there! It was so exciting to see some legendary faces! We had no idea they were going to be at the game! It was just an added bonus to the night. I wish we could have sat next to them in the stands to hear what they had to say about the new Blazer team this year. I'm sure they were reminiscing the whole night.


So the Blazers did win the game....to our surprise! And they scored over 100 points which means every fan got a coupon for a free chalupa at Taco Bell! What a great night! ha ha!!


We might try to go to another game soon.


Oh and one more thing. They have a vertical jump machine outside the stadium. We both tried it. I ended up having a 9in vertical jump...but Nate had a 20in vertical jump!! Wowza!!!




3 comments:

dan and cheryl forbes said...

Sounds like a great evening! Way to go Nathan -- you always did like to jump -- remember trying for the ceilings at home and school?
MUCH love, Mom

Jenny said...

Didn't you borrow some special "increase your vertical jump" shoes back in the day?

Anonymous said...

Go Denver Nuggets! ;)

Liss, thanks for your comment on my blog...I was a bit afraid to post it, thinking that people would read it and think I am totally nuts...so it is nice to know that someone out there understands a bit where I am coming from! I suppose our peace-making skills make us such good friends! I am trying to work through what I need to do to change this, if anything...always a balance right!