Nate was able to do more detailed touch ups on the floors yesterday. He used a hand sander to go along the edges of the floor closer to the walls. That really makes it look so much better...but it also takes more time. He also filled in the cracks and holes with wood filler to make a smoother surface.
He put the first coat of polyurethane on late last night and will put the last coat on tonight. Then we wait....
I think we can walk on the floors by the end of Tuesday if not sooner. I'm hoping sooner because there is still so much to do. But I would hate to ruin all the work that Nate put into the floors so we will just see if it's safe enough to walk on then. If not, then I won't even chance it until later.
Today I am working on cleaning up our rental a little bit more. It's hard to clean this place when all I really want to do it clean the new house and get our things organized over there. Oh well, I will do what we can for now.
Charlotte sleeps better here anyway because of the blackout shades in her room. We will need to get some of those for her bedroom at the new house.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That's awesome Liss. So glad Nate was able to finish the floors. I'm sure they are beautiful. You two have a real gem of a home. I know you will enjoy making it our own.
Looking forward to seeing all the hard work Nate put in on them.
You will be glad to get as much done at the rental as you can before you move.....because after the move it is realllly hard to go back and finish.
So glad Nathan was able to get a coat of poly on last night :0)
Hoping for good drying weather!
yay! I am so happy for you guys!! I also wanted to mention that we have the same type windows you guys do and instead of buying blackout shades we got a black sheet at Walmart for $3 and made some simple panels out of doubled up fabric (2 layers) and got some tension rods to put the shades as close to the window as possible. We can take them down during the day when the kids aren't napping but they really do the trick and for a fraction of the price. We hated to spend all that money for such a short length of window. :-) Seemed like we weren't getting our money's worth to only use (in our case) about 18" of shade. :-)
Post a Comment