Today I start a new medication for the remainder of the pregnancy. It's a slower acting blood thinner that I take 2 times a day (shot). So if I happen to go into labor early the medicine won't be in my body as long.
I've been doing 1 shot a day for the past 6 months so I'm used to poking myself by now. And once the baby is born I will continue to do this for another 6 weeks.
We are getting down to the final stretch!
There are a few more things I need to do before the baby comes. For example: make some frozen meals, buy a few more necessities for baby, work on some forms for baby, file and try to get some things done ahead of time for next month. And if we can, do taxes while we still have our wits about us.:)
I'm so grateful the weather has been nice! And we just cleaned up our stroller and got the second seat ready. C loves her new "race car" seat on the back of the stroller. Good thing because that's where she will be sitting from now on.
Well off to another day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I was wondering the reason that you would have to change medications. Sorry for 2 shots a day, though. Never knew that when you were learning how to give shots in PA that it would come in handy. Wish we could send some meals your way when the new little girl arrives.
The new medication is a slower acting blood thinner that only lasts 12 hours per dose. that way if I go into natural labor there will be a shorter window of time with medication in me. They have other medicine that can reverse its affects too but it's just better if it's not in my system at labor.
The other medication I was on and will be on after delivery lasts 24 hours per dose.
Yes good thing I am familiar with shots. It was not as intimidating.:)
Post a Comment