.

Thursday, October 04, 2007

the art of knitting...

Every wednesday night I have been meeting with some ladies from Tilikum for an "arts and crafts night." Mostly we're all knitting, but it's really open for all kinds of artwork. The project I'm working on is a felted purse. I guess it's a good project to start on when you're first learning to knit because the felting part washes out a multitude of mistakes!!! For those of you who are unfamiliar with "felting" it's when you knit with 100% wool and then wash your project in the washer. The wool shrinks kind of like those wool sweaters you've washed on accident...only this is on purpose. It gives your project a nice look of being one piece of fabric all blended together.

Mostly it's been nice to go to these nighs for the fellowship. I'm enjoying the family we have out at Tilikum.

So when I'm done with this purse I'll try to post a pic on here....

1 comment:

Jenny said...

ooh, will you teach me at Christmas? ;-)