.

Monday, October 29, 2007

....

Today I feel sad. I've lost 15 pounds and the joy of holding my child. Last night I told Nate that it seems like the reality of losing our son is hitting me even more now.
Everyone around us has continued on with life. Future plans are moving on as normal and we are being swept in with them. Nate asked me today if I wanted to help out with a project he is working on at camp. The deadline for it is the same week as my original due date. All I could think about was that I was supposed to be in labor...but my body will look the same, I won't have a baby kicking in me trying to get out...
I'm just really sad.

11 comments:

dan and cheryl forbes said...

Because you are sad, we are sad. And there is nothing wrong with sadness for cause. So don't be sad that you are sad. This sadness may break in at various time for the rest of your life--and that is OK. I wish we could just "kiss the owie and make it go away" but that is not the way it happens. Trust God. We continue to pray for you. Dad F

Anonymous said...

Honey,
Life is indeed, a bed of roses. It can be beautiful and full of promise, fragrant with the sweet smell of success, or prickly with thorns. These are all part of normal life.

Go ahead and allow yourself to speculate, to regret, to dream, and to moarn. But also allow yourself to begin to look forward.Having other things to occupy your mind & your time will facilitate the healing.You will never forget your sweet Issac. You will find the thought of losing him will become less painful over time, but it will always be a part of you.Please realize that that is OK. God bless you both. Grandma &pa Moreno

cory/shannon/cian/teagan said...

I wish we lived in oregon so I could come over and give you a massive hug.

you are loved my dear friend.

.s

Anonymous said...

Dear Lissa,

You have a very wise father-and-mother-in-law! You are lucky to have found them - oh - and Nate too. Now, how can we get them moved to Oregon too??!!!!

We Love you, Marilyn and John

Jenny said...

Wish I could hug you and wish that would help. Prayers are still flooding your way from our house. We love you so much. And we are sad, too.

Tammie and Kevin said...

GOD is the great physician and healer. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being sad but healing comes with it when given to GOD completely. Our prayers are going up for both of you always.
Love always. Tammie & Kevin

Anonymous said...

I love you Roo,
I'm sad too. Today I saw lots of little children dressed in costume with their parents and I immediately thought of you and what you must be feeling. I love you and I know that God loves you and understands and it's ok. I wish I could be in Newburg today and give you and Nate a big hug and kiss. Dad and I were on first street today having pictures taken for the catolog with all the fall color. There were full size trees like the one we picked out for Isaac, and they were beautiful. Every time I see a tree like that I think of him and His wonderful parents.I pray you'll be comforted.
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Lissa,
We are hurting for you and Nate and praying for you. May God wrap His able arms around you both.

- The PA Kirkseys

Amy said...

It is OK to be sad. I cried for a year when Jessica started getting sick. Some things are sad. You lost something (someone) very special. You have to cry for a loss. I always tell myself it's OK to cry but don't plan on parking the car there. Stop and cry, then move forward. Only with time and distance will this whole expierence take it's correct place in your life. Right now it is all so fresh, you are so close to this pain.

Missy said...

I am sad too...

Matt & Nicki said...

Just so you know you and Nate still come to mind often throughout the week. I will continue to pray for you both!