.

Thursday, May 13, 2010

5am

For the past week I've been waking up around 5am on my own. That's probably not early for most working folks, but for me that's what I call "paper route early!!"

Yesterday we drove to fabric depot to see what they had at their outdoor sale. There were just too many great options! I was so overwhelmed and only had 40 minutes to make a choice.... And of course this being my maiden voyage to a fabric store and a HUGE one at that... I walked out empty handed... Wishing the store was open just a little longer. We did end up getting material to cover our dining room chairs. I'm excited to put that on this weekend. It is on the list of to do's for baby proofing our house. I'm trying out the idea of having furniture that can be cleaned off with a wet rag... No nice cloth furniture in our house... Just wood and fake leather;)

Next on the list will be area rugs. Our little house has white walls, white cupboards and a very light colored wall to wall carpet. It's a perfect canvass awaiting a childs artistic mark!!! Oh yes, I've been tempted to splash some color here and there myself, but in the back of my head I fear the scowel of "land lord Faye." apparently they have had bad luck with renters painting their house. I have mentioned that I am an excellent painter, but alas we still have white walls.
One item we almost got at the fabric store was pretreated canvass for making your own wall art!!! I may go back for some.

More crafty updates later...

4 comments:

Carmen da Silva said...

Canvas art could be awesome! They have that behind all the King size beds in the ACE Super Deluxe and Loft rooms (all created/painted on by local NYC artists)!

How 'bout wall decals (that come off with the heat of a hairdryer and in fun kids designs for really cheap...like these:

http://www.wallstickeroutlet.com/wall-decor-detail.php?RecordID=65022

or these: http://www.roommatespeelandstick.com/walldecals/brown-animal-silhouettes-wall-decals.aspx

or these: http://www.fundecorforkids.com/p-931-large-flower-dots-wall-stickers.aspx

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you'll come up with just the right thing. And when you move you won't have to paint walls.

Alayna said...

You were brave to tackle Fabric Depot as your first fabric-buying expedition! My mom is a seasoned quilter, and can still be rather intimidated by the sheer size of that store!! I'm glad you found some things, and I hope your sewing/quilting adventures prove successful. :-)

Wandering Knapps said...

I love having canvas art. I still have 4 canvas' that I got from my wedding, and every so often I still repaint them. It's funny how they went for trendy when I got married, to now they have bears on them in Carter's room. We also have plane walls and wood dining room chairs. Carter loves to drive his cars all over them.