.

Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Estate Sale

I was driving home from church on Sunday and a bright green sign caught my eye. "estate sale 1 mile." And since it was just me in the car I thought, "what the heck!" and quickly turned down the road. Following the signs I found myself in a very nice neighborhood. The kind where all the houses have lawns that look like astroturf and cars in the driveway that look like they just came off the lot. I knew I was at a good one. =)

Because it was the second day of the sale everything was 1/2 off. Even better.
When we go to estate sales I usually head straight for the laundry room for cleaning supplies. It's the best place to buy really cheap laundry soap. =) Indeed, this laundry room did not disappoint. I was able to get many cleaning supplies for just cents. My favorite find on this trip was a hand held vacuum cleaner for just $2.50. Now I can vacuum out our car in the convenience of our driveway. I also scored some extension cords, power strip, packing tape roller, and plastic picnic cups for summer. I'm sure there were other things there that would have been more impressive to buy. But for me I was just doing my grocery shopping.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Lissa a good shopper you are.
Love, Mom

dan and cheryl forbes said...

God's provision once again :) Yeah!

Wandering Knapps said...

Great ideas. I would have never thought about the laundry room, or cleaning supplies. I am going to do that from now on too. Thanks for all the couponing and good deals insight.