
Lately I have been waking up before my alarm. I love it when that happens! Today, I woke up well before my alarm. Our windows let in a lot of natural light and the birds were chatty.
I got up, walked into our living room, opened up the curtains and WOW there were probably 4 hot air balloons flying overhead! It was gorgeous! I ran outside in my pajamas...hoping my neighbors wouldn't be up...and got a few pictures. My pictures don't do it justice because they definitely look much bigger in real life. You can hardly see the passenger basket that high in the air...
Our town has a hot air balloon launching site and they usually fly out early in the mornings to catch the best weather. We had a summer staffer who used to work for them. He would chase the balloons in his truck and meet up with them wherever they landed, usually in a field. Apparently if you do this "chasing" bit 10 times you can get a free ride in a balloon!
3 comments:
Lissa, that is awesome. My cousins had a small hot air balloon business when I was growing up. I got to help chase in the truck! We would run out in the field and after the basket would touch the ground the first time we would jump onto the sides to keep it from going back up! It was awesome! I didn't know Newberg had a launching site for balloons! How great!
During late September we have a Balloon Fest in Midland. It's always great fun to see all the neat kinds of balloons.
It is fun to look down your street with you to see the balloon. Glad you posted a picture :) Love, mom forbes
That is cool. I remember seeing them at your house one morning and it was fun. You have the perfect view for it.
Post a Comment