Last night at the cider press party we pressed enough apples to make 20 gallons of cider!!! They got distrbuted between the 5 households. We took 2 gallons home. I like heating it up with a cinnamon stick:) yum!
Fall is my favorite time of year. There are so many great things to look forward to. This morning I woke up and ran straight to the kitchen to make our first batch of Russian tea for the season.
Here's the recipe:
1/2cup lemon iced tea without sugar
4cups tang
3 scoops lemonade ( about 3/4cup)
1 tsp cloves
4 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp allspice
Mix it all in a bowl and then pour small portions at a time into the blender to really get it all ground together.
Things we like to do in the fall:
- corn mazes
- watch soccer games
- ride our bikes
- drink chai lattes
- sit by the fireplace reading
- I like to pull out my knitting projects
Yay! I'm so glad it's fall!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I like fall best too!
Our neighbor who had her cider press party last year didn't have apples this year and we didn't either.
I'm glad you guys had apples.
How fun.
We will have to buy cider at the store and try your recipe sounds yummy.
Chai brings back a good memory of Nathan & Cory and Cory's mom Tammie at the coffee shop downtown -- the sons & moms date :)
Sounds like a great beginning of fall at your house!
Love you much! mom
Post a Comment