.

Friday, September 11, 2009

Potlach...a tilikum fundraiser

Tomorrow will mark the "end" of our summer busy season as we head to Fox for the Tilikum fundraiser, Potlach. It will be much different this year. 1. It will be held in the Fox newly renovated cafeteria, 2. it will be free to attend! 3. We are only hosting it for 1 night 4. It is open to all who want to come rather than by invitation.

I'm excited to see some of these new changes come into play for Tilikum. I think tomorrow will be a really good event. We're looking forward to reconnecting with a lot of people, some of which are past summer staffers. It is always good to see them in town.

We will be taking off shortly after that for our vacation!! Wooo hooo!!! We can't wait. I already have a list of places we want to eat, fun things to do in the area, etc... I think mostly we are looking forward to a very unstructured schedule and the weather is supposed to be fantastic! I have been able to sleep in a lot more lately with my new work schedule, but Nate has not been able to do that yet.

We have been able to relax in the evenings more lately.
One thing that we have noticed about being in our own place now is that we have had a lot more time to read in the evenings. One of my favorite things to do right now is turn on my local jazz to station and sit down to a good book and tea. very nice!

I hope your weekend will be restful!




3 comments:

dan and cheryl forbes said...

YEAH!!!!! Rest is at hand :)

Praying for a great turnout tomorrow night and for people to catch the vision of investing prayer and money so that many boys and girls will know and love God with their whole being.

Thank you both for all you do!
MUCH love, mom forbes

cory said...

Sounds like a hummy time. And it reminds me...have you guys heard the new Mason Jennings album yet? I've streaming it front to back like 6 six times on Pandora.

love you guys. i'm going to call you soon...

Anonymous said...

We pray that the event goes well too. Maybe next year we can attend.
Hope you have a nice vacation as well and get the rest you need.
Love, Mom