.

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Steak with potato- parsnip mash

That was our dinner tonight thanks to Real Simple. I have been intentionally trying out a few of their recipes in this months issue... Mostly because as our former housemate Bruce would say," no one really makes magazine meals" so we are trying a few of them out to see if it is worth it.
We almost always default to chicken dinners because it's easy and usually cheaper, but this was fun trying out top sirloin steak. We found we couldn't eat as much of it as we would chicken because it was heavier.
The parsnip mash potatos were pretty good .... After I added a few things like sour cream, garlic salt, plain yogurt and a little curry. I think we would try this recipe again. I might try sweet potatos instead of parsnip to see how that tastes.

The Ginger snaps are almost out of the oven... Mmm can you smell them???!!!
Nate had a sweet tooth and before you could blink he had the cookie dough made and all rolled out on the baking sheet.;) sometimes you've got to give in to those cravings... And who was I to stop him;)

Oh my gosh the timer just went off!

Good night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Boy that dinner sounds great. I love ginger snaps.
Nate is blessed to have you. What a great cook you are.
We made brown rice with canned mushroom and celery soup, and canned green chilies, added strips of chicken and topped it with cheese.
Dad liked it.
It's similar to a chicken enchilada we use to make but without the tortillas.