This last weekend and these next two days have been our "catch up" days with friends.
Friday we had some friends over for a BBQ and played Ticket to Ride, one of our favorite board games. Afterwards, our friend Rick got ambitious and brought over his extreme yoga video and a few of us tried to finish it...but man was it hard!! I always thought I was flexible, but this extreme yoga pushes the limits! I'm sure Carmen could do it, she's been trained in yoga.
Saturday we took off for the ocean beaches to enjoy a little sand time and some surfing. Nate and I didn't surf, but we watched our friends Rick and Christine go out for a bit. It must have been a great day for surfing because I counted at least 19 other heads out there. Rick said it was some of the best surfing he's done in Oregon. Afterwards we explored our way into Newport and tried out a new restaurant recommended by our friend Jake McMillian. It's called Cafe Mundo, and yes it was divine! I think they had one of the best menus I've seen in a while and we all agreed that their artistic/industrial atmosphere was inspiring!
Sunday was our catch up day with Justin. We've had the privilege of working with Justin at both camp and Fox. He's an admissions counselor there now and will be taking off in the next week or so to travel the NW recruiting students. We thought we would get a concert in before he took off. Portland was showing a free concert with Pancake Breakfast, a folk/jazz/ho-down kind of band. We met at Justin's house for a pancake breakfast before taking off to hear Pancake Breakfast...very appropriate, don't you think. =) anyway, we loved their sound! And we all agreed this band is worth watching as they are far more entertaining live then they are on their CD.
Tonight we're having a few camp friends over for dinner to catch up and see what is next in store for them. I think I'll make beef stroganoff...mmm.. yes that sounds delightful!
It's been a good week of meeting and greeting friends. ahhh, it feels good to catch up.
3 comments:
So glad you guys are having such a good time with friends! We sure do miss you both. Cory and I keep trying to figure out WHEN we can get out there. Sometimes we just want to move to Oregon... so beautiful.
Yes! P90X Yoga! Isn't it great? I had never done yoga in my life until I did that video. Anyway, glad to hear you are recuperating after a crazy summer.
When you catch up you catch up.
That's good. We hope we can see you Labor Day weekend.
Love, Mom
Post a Comment