.

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Restful week!

Last week was our long awaited vacation...and oh what a restful break it was! Everything was just so wonderful, the weather was perfect, the company was great (Nate and then my whole Stuewe family), and the schedule was...well, unplanned. =)

We decided to bring our bikes and try out the bike rack my Grandpa had given us. It worked perfectly on the car. We mostly rode around the neighborhoods of Lincoln City, but one day we decided to ride down to a favorite coffee shop at the other end of town. Several uphill's later, we made it to Pacific Grind Coffee with our magazines, cards and camera. Now we're not Lance Armstrong or nearly close to it, so that 8 mile bike ride left us pretty tired.

We spent a lot of time on the beach listening to the mesmerising sounds of the waves. Some friends of ours had given us new restaurant recommendations and of course we had to try that out! Hawk Creek Cafe in Neskowin is a new favorite. Not only is the food unbelievable, but the cozy atmosphere makes you feel right at home. Neskowin is a small little town with a very secluded beach. We sat on the sand watching the waves for a long time. If you every get a chance to visit Neskowin, bring a book and a blanket and just park it on the sand. That will be an afternoon well spent. =) I also watched a seagull successfully convince an older couple to share their chicken with him....ha ha...little did they realize he was the first of about 80 more to fly by!

The second part of our trip was spent with the Stuewe's at Beaverly Beach state park. We stayed in a yurt and everyone else had their RV's. The view from my grandparent's site was of the ocean!! It could not have been a better spot. Of course we parked the main food tent at their site so we could all enjoy the sunset after dinner.
I think I've finally washed all of my camp fire smelling clothes. I sure do enjoy camp fires at night!

Driving home on Sunday we decided to continue with the vacation mentality. We stopped by our favorite "red box" movie rental and picked up "Marley and Me."
What a cute movie!! I never ever cry in movies, especially about animals, but this movie was so good. I couldn't fight back the tears. Mostly, I appreciated the pro-marriage theme in this movie as well as the good humor. It was definitely a good one.

More updates to come...we're back in our daily work/life schedule. I'll try to post more pictures later.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cried too when I saw that movie.
We saw another good movie called "second chances" about a disabled girl who learn to walk again with the help of a crippled horse.

We also had to wash our firewood smelling clothing. Looking forward to getting the fire pit for the back yard for some campfires in the winter.

I'm so glad you and Nate had a lovely vacation.
When you were small we rented an A frame house in Neskoin and had lots of fun there. I don't know if you remember or not.
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great weekend. I miss ride my bike uphills. I too loved the movie Marley and Me, it was such a great family film. (I know you've never met our dog Koda....well that's Koda. Pretty much to a T. He is such a pest, but at the end of the day, he's loyal, loved us, and I dred the day....well....you know. I cried that whole movie too. It's great to hear what your up to.
Thanks

Jolene

Anonymous said...

I watched that movie on an airplane, expecting a lighthearted comedy. Of course I was balling!!